8.28.2006

words pressed btwn. pages of white

1. One book that changed your life:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
any book i've enjoyed, but in order to not sound terribly predictable (ad nauseum): Wendy Shalit's A Return to Modesty

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Chronicles of Narnia with copius footnotes from The Message Remix

4. One book that made you laugh:
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life (Anne Lamont)

5. One book that made you cry:
Alan Paton's Cry the Beloved Country (every time i read it)

6. One book that you wish had been written:
The Chronicles of Narnia with copius footnotes from The Message Remix or The Message Remix with copius footnotes from The Chronicles of Narnia

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Madame Bovary (yes, i *actually* finished it--there really is no need for this mess.)

8. One book you’re currently reading:
A. Scott Berg's Lindbergh

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Catching Light, Finding GOD in the Movies

10. Now tag five people:

justy
josh
caleb
cheryl
michele

3 comments:

Caslon said...

Elea,
I'm Cheryl's sister-in-law. I believe I met you back when you were in school with her. I've recently started a blog and Cheryl's links to yours so I find myself here on occasion.
Cheryl sent me to your $41.43 blog - I'm planning a trip to NY and was asking her opinion on shows to see. In addition to Wicked I'm also considering Producers and Phantom. Any opinions?
I also wanted to add a book to your list - The Red Tent, if you have not read it, it's one of my personal favorites.

Caslon said...

and also happy birthday!

elea said...

thanks for the greetings! i've heard of the red tent. i'll have to check it out...and wicked was wonderful. i would suggest anything in revival. that's always fun....