9.14.2006

overheard at the tail end of a conversation whilst sitting in atlanta bread company

10 feet from me: a 20 something girl said: "tell me when you *ever* spent time with us? and i'm not talking about coming to a soccer game. i don't care about the soccer games. when did you ever spend *time* with us?" and the 50 something male responded: "well, what do you want me to do." response: "that's not the point dad and you know it...i felt like all you ever cared about was just paying the bills."

and they left.

4 comments:

crt said...

"quiet down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep,
i'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep."

all my babies want is my full attention. all they need is me. the laundry can wait.

Caslon said...

I hope I am half as good as a mother as you are CRT.

(don't get any ideas... we are not expecting... yet)

crt said...

i have no doubt that you will be a fantastic mom - when the time is right, caslon:-)

Caslon said...

You are sweet - I'm glad I get to learn from others before the time comes.