10.31.2005

breadcrumbs

something really big just happened in my brain:

“what things you desire (crave), when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.”

ok, this is really tough for me. i worry that my desires are not of GOD: that i will ask amiss. ok, so....psalms 37:4:

“delight thyself in the LORD, and he shall give you the desires of your heart.”

right, we all know this verse....so, if i delight in the LORD, He will fulfill *my* desires. He will give me what i want? right? WRONG! if i delight in the LORD, *He* will fill me with the right desires. then He will prompt me to pray for them. ok, the next verse ties it all up so beautifully:

“commit thy way unto the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.”

WOO HOO! He will bring it to pass. He will answer my prayers. He will give me what *He* wants. He will give me my desires because they are of Him. i *cannot* ask amiss.

i am not afraid anymore.

nor am i safe anymore.

that is a delight!

(read erin jumping up and down in her soul gathering the breadcrumbs off the floor!)

3 comments:

serendipity said...

unspeakable,immeasurable goodness and beauty in the One who not only prepares the way but magically delivers treasures to make the journey unforgettable.... all done for the love of His child. what a mighty God we serve!

crt said...

my niece has a t-shirt that states, "my Father is the King." become intoxicated at the King's banquet table because you are a princess. much prayer and much praise...

Maggie said...

Great insight! I would do well to remember that. Thanks! :)

Mt new blog is http://www.xanga.com/GentleMama2Mine/