8.16.2010

book lists and other things that make my head hurt

my book list has come in.  now, when my ship comes in.....we'll save that for another day.

for those of you that might find this of interest (for those that don't--humor me will you?  i'm a pathetic mess here in big D, and i'm just looking for some affirmation):

The Poetics of Space


some look more manageable than others; some look more interesting than others; and some make me clutch my hair in abject terror (hence the head hurt).  the last book on the list looks to make my heart sing.  i started reading it, and although my virtual dictionary has had the champagne smashed over its bow, my heart started to sing (even if tentatively, and with the accompaniment of a sluggish, hot dog fingered bass player).  but imagination, phenomenology, housework, and logos are weaving themselves into an anemic harmony that might become a one hit wonder.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like you have some fascinating academics and studies ahead of you! I hope your heart is still singing in a few weeks! :) We miss you.