12.09.2005

fearful symetry

1. one of my male students walked into the girls bathroom while i was chatting with him, and neither he nor i noticed. i let him go in (without thinking) and a few moments later he came out with a shamed look on his face as if i had forced him into it. i was laughing so hard i fell to the floor.

2. a friend's new boyfriend told me he always thot i was a "joneser" (some of you know what i mean) until he met me. no one has ever told me that before. usually it's quite the opposite.....

3. i made up a poem for the empty spinach container in the dining common. this man i've never seen in my life smiled and told me he "just considered the source." what do you know about me that my friend's boyfriend doesn't?

4. my friend sarah and i decided we would wish those at the departmental Christmas party last nite "happy hanukkah" just to see the look on their faces....i don't think they bought it. what they didn't notice was the dreidel spinning and money exchanging later...

5. departmental Christmas parties are not very much fun unless someone says something wildly inappropriate. it gives you something to talk about later. unfortunately, there is nothing to talk about later...

6. yes, i have walked into the men's bathroom before, and when i noticed the strange looking water fountains on the walls i knew i was in the wrong place.

4 comments:

Justin said...

most parties that end before 9:00 will leave you feeling that way...

crt said...

wow, you really must be a terrific actress for someone to think that you are a "joneser".

serendipity said...

i hate ice and i hate snow and i hate that things happen that i don't understand. oh, well, i must needs still my soul. i am glad you had fun with your season's greetings and truly wild christmas parties. i am just hating i had to miss it all. curse the ice. bah-humbug!

crt said...

ho! ho! ho! and merry curses to you, serendipity!