12.20.2005

well, i never...

i have, as of yet, avoided most contact with anyone from my high school graduating class since i graduated in 1993. it's not that i particularly dislike anyone that i graduated with, but frankly i saw no need to go back and relive any of the unpleasant moments of my high school career with people i have no connection to and no particular interest in (yes, this does make me sound terribly hateful and uncaring). high school is one of those times when you don't know who you are, and so you try to be so many different things that you end up confusing yourself and others. it is also a time when you aren't mature enough to know that these people's opinions of you don't matter, and will have no bearing on the rest of your life. tonite, for the first time in twelve years, i will be attending my high school's homecoming game (read cries of agony and a smidge of smugness). my sister is now in highschool, and so these things are *much* more important than they've been in the last twelve years. i am anticipating a smudged vision of 1992.

3 comments:

Justin said...

What a coincidence, I'm PLAYING in an alumni game this Thursday! Except it's not really that odd for me since I'm only two years removed from that environment. ;) I know what you mean about the awkwardness of highschool. It's hard to cope with those hormones a' blazin'!

serendipity said...

good luck on that. since i basicaly live in a high school, i see the cycle happen year after year- just insert different names. have a good time. perhaps the way God has changed you will have bearing on someone else. miss you.

elea said...

which is the cool and which is the handsome? i don't distictly remember..... :)

some thots to come--promise i haven't forgotten....