12.16.2005

solitary

we have had some interesting weather the last few days here, and so i haven't been able to stay at my house (little cabin in the icy-limb-fallen-no electricity-no water woods). this all during the final days of the semester. i must admit i'm a little selfish with my solitary time now that i am flying solo at home, and i haven't had a whole lot of this all important-mind calming-soul soothing alone time. i was looking forward to my final days in (i still haven't christened it with an official name) my happy barn, but the weather pushed me towards dear friends who were willing to house and help me for a few nights (for this i am eternally grateful). now i'm off to home where i will joy with family and friends, but without the quiet calm before the mild holiday storm. hopefully my umbrella will still work...

6 comments:

Justin said...

It's not a holiday storm if it doesn't snow. But I know exactly what you mean, friend. I absolutely relish the times I'm alone and am forced to "be still." A nice little red barn in the woods would suit me nicely. Wanna trade places?

crt said...

if your umbrella breaks you can always borrow dear friend tumnus'. i'm sure he wouldn't mind and he'll probably have a spot of tea waiting for you too. happiest of holidays to you and yours.

serendipity said...

hey, i was going to say that. hmmmm, great minds must think alike. hope you both have wonderful holidays. think of me moving boxes from my shoe box to my mansion on the hilltop :)

elea said...

good luck with the move my dear....maybe the beavers would be willing to serve you. i think they should love to give you a toasty warm narnian meal. if i were there, i'd be the beaver if you'd let me...

Justin said...

Know what I love about this blog? It's a magical blog-- one where Narnians do exist!

elea said...

of course narnias do exist! happy, happy....