5.25.2006

as a pot

i was struck by something very powerful last nite: my Bible. yup, pretty powerful! most of you have read of my recent neglect, and so should read of my recent foray. i got thirsty last nite--take a bath thirsty (see "big fish"). one of the biggest hindrances to my Scripture reading has always been: "where do i start?" if i were running a marathon, just shooting the starting gun wouldn't do it. you'd have to start shooting me with the starting gun. so, i got pointed at last nite and decided to run--straight into the rain. it came in great sloppy drops of psalm 119:

With your very own hands you formed me;
now breathe your wisdom over me so I can understand you.
When they see me waiting, expecting your Word,
those who fear you will take heart and be glad.
I can see now, God, that your decisions are right;
your testing has taught me what's true and right.
Oh, love me—and right now!—hold me tight!
just the way you promised.
Now comfort me so I can live, really live;
your revelation is the tune I dance to.
Let the fast-talking tricksters be exposed as frauds;
they tried to sell me a bill of goods,
but I kept my mind fixed on your counsel.
Let those who fear you turn to me
for evidence of your wise guidance.
And let me live whole and holy, soul and body,
so I can always walk with my head held high. (73-80)

my complaint has been of being the "object lesson", and look what HE dropped on my head! i'm not an object lesson--i'm evidence. no, i *get* to be evidence. and again, it's not about me. does the pot yell for the Potter to stop because He's doing a rotten job? this pots been trying!

still yelling.
not at the Potter.

"take heart and be glad--there is abundant wise guidance!!!! oh be sure of it."

(you've been yelled at)

3 comments:

Gloamer said...

we're the stuff you can hold of the stuff you can't see.

elea said...

not just sin and sorrow---joylessness

steadybelieving said...

say it! I accept the yell...I love the thought that God is always around us, just WAITING for us to acknowledge His presence and get to know Him...humbling. Especially when you need it really bad.