11.29.2005

into the wardrobe

after a few years of preparation, i finally did it! i put a christmas tree in my wardrobe and decorated it with my meager narnian ornaments (snow, father christmas, aslan, lucy's horn, white stag, and little fur coats--my collection needs a little help). i've been dreaming of doing it for a long time, and this is the year! i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i bought the wardrobe with the christmas tree in mind. i made the excuse that i "needed" it for my clothes, (which would *never* work!) all the while deviously concocting my plan for the tree in the wardrobe event. and now the event has come, and will continue growing every year. this is no ploy because of the upcoming movie--trust me (if you know me, i abhor the idea of copying some movie just because "everyone is doing it." pearls before swine i tell you!).

i think lucy would be truly pleased.....

7 comments:

crt said...

you could get a small snow machine for inside the wardrobe. after all, it's "always winter, but never christmas." in narnia. (i love special affects!)

wonderful narnian idea! post a pict please!

serendipity said...

yes do! and where, may i ask, do you find small fur coats? can't wait to see your masterpiece.

elea said...

hobby lobby for fur coats, and i *wish* it was a masterpiece. right now it's just my slightly whimsical attempt at a soul epic children's story...

OnTheJourney said...

Most delightful, e. Glad to come across your blog! Hope all is going well for you.

crt said...

hi sara, tell you dad hi if you have the chance, cheryl

OnTheJourney said...

I will Cheryl...it has been a long time!

crt said...

it sure has, thanks sara!